During this challenging time, our utmost priority is to care for and protect our patients and staff. We plan to remain open and provide care to our community. We are following the CDC and American Academy of Ophthalmology’s recommendations regarding disinfection and infection control guidelines in all of our offices. To protect our patients, we ask that the following patients contact our office to reschedule:
- Patients that have had a fever in the last 14 days
- Patients who have traveled internationally, gone on a cruise, or traveled outside the state of Florida within the last 14 days
- Patients who have been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- Patients that have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- Patients who have been in a hospital setting as either a visitor or a patient in the last 14 days
- Patients who have been diagnosed with conjunctivitis in the last 14 days
- Patients with fever, flu-like symptoms, new-onset cough, new-onset shortness of breath, or respiratory symptoms
- Bonita Health Center requires all patients be screened before going to their physicians office. Please arrive approximately 15-20 minutes earlier than your scheduled appointment to allow time for this screening
For patients with a new onset of vision symptoms who meet the above-mentioned criteria, please contact our office for special instruction.
We are currently only allowing patients in the building. If a patient needs to be accompanied, only one visitor is permitted to aid in mobility, translation, or other medical reason during their visit. All visitors must also meet the above-mentioned, travel restriction and illness criteria. As always, we appreciate your understanding and support during this ever-changing, healthcare climate.